The Josie Baggley Company

Thursday 4 March 2010

'We're All Mad Here' Painting with added mixed media


















We're All Mad Here'
Indeed we ARE! wooohoooo jump onto the bandwagon of wonderland!-it's a tad over populated but we can squeeze in more surely? Good gawd I'm spending WAY too much time online! I can feel my waffling about to start...yep...here we go..So much time just melting into the screen ...I have SO much to DO..So I'm going to post here once a week ..or so & do my VERY best to comment on all your lovely blogs. So sorry if I've not visited you ..I do look & read and oooh & ahh but I don't comment as much as I should,as much as I'd like to! Myself & Jim are still working on 'PAN' the furniture piece...we're surveying counter balance stuff a the moment ..very technical stuff yes ehem...it's a heavy piece you see..we have to 'stop sticking on clumps of wood ffs -this thing could kill you!'I say....but we 'NEED to counter balance ffs' Jim says.

This is a painting I've just finished. I painted my wonky version of The CC & used various mixed media to add interest ie antique wire rimmed specs -securely wired to the back frame; vintage wallpaper 20's -a gift from my pal Alicia Altered Bits, vintage 50's magazine cut out of an eye -the right one (the left is handpainted-as is the rest of his face) gold leaf & 1920's music manuscript papers.

Secret Sunday

:)Delirah to say that I'll be one of the artists featured on *~The Altered Page 'Secret Sunday'~* this Sun 7th March. It's a fantastic inspiring idea of Seth's that offers to all who are interested, a visual gallery with lists of artists' work secrets, techniques & info. I heard of it via Jo over at The Crow Road. Both Jo & Alicia have also been featured on Seth's Secret Sunday.I think it'll be week 15 this week so if you haven't been then I advise that you get yourself a pen & paper!

24 comments:

mermaiden said...

oh, that cheshire cat is a creepy nutter, is he not? you have captured the creepy very well indeed! love the touch of the wonky spectacles- fantabulous piece yet again.

thehauntedstudiounderthestairs said...

Dear Eyelash girlie,

Most indeedly wonderfurrly! Mad indeedly


Beastly your,

K

julietk said...

Secret Sunday sounds interesting I will be sure to take a look. There is a lot of wonderland stuff at the moment but if it's good stuff I don't mind :-) Your Cheshire cat has an appropriatly mad look, the eye is very effective. I don't watch much TV just Movies when I am in the mood and so I can enjoy blog hopping in the evening.

alicia said...

ohohoooooh, i love him ever so much!! and i lovelovelove that you used my bits of wallpaper in there. :) how fantastically fun! i've been starting a wee gallery of things made from things from my shop -- might i add this? that page gets just over 14000 unique visitors per month, so it could bring you new admirers. :) if not, i do understand.

damn. i am just loving him! if only i didn't have evil clients and had a pocketful of monies -- my home would be filled with fantastic art like yours!

loves to you, sweetness. and happy day!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Rainey! Your mixed media creation is fabulous! Love the added specs! Congrats on your feature too! Have a wonderful day! :)

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Glorious grin! Blessings dear.

ArtSparker said...

What a lovely smile.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

FUN piece Rainey & all things Alice are in the air right now...aren't they???

CK (-'

Caterina Giglio said...

awesome work my, lovely!!

Debby said...

Whoop!!! This is awesome and I love that we are all MAD!!! hehehe...
Debby

Jo Archer said...

Oh that's one evil looking puss! I love it. Congrats on being featured on Seth's page too. x

* said...

I am so looking forward to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. And these pieces are most definitely getting me in the mood!

Debrina said...

Hi Rainey - had to pop on by and check out your latest. Alicia told me you had used some of her gorgeous vintage wallpaper and I just love the way you have used it in this glorious piece! I am currently supposed to be in my studio doing arty stuff but I've been sidetracked all night by the likes of you, ha ha! Ahhh well, we have to get inspiration too! It's easy to get addicted to being online, isn't it!!!

WrightStuff said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping on that particular bandwagon - can't wait to see the film. Why not be inspired by the inspiring?

Totalfeckineejit said...

Cheshire cat/Catwoman/James Joyce glasses ,Oh, but it's crazee, delightfully so.

Shannon said...

Wonderfully loverlie, that cat of yours. Love, loves it!
~Shannon

Jeanie said...

I especially love these! I'm all Alice these days, too! My tags for a recent swap are on The Marmelade Gypsy (you can get to it through Chopsticks)-- I think they drop down a post tonight, but will still be there!

I LOVE your Cheshire Cat!!!!

MLBetterly said...

Do a drive by past my blog, I have a little somethin' somethin' for you.

Plumrose Lane said...

What a creepy cheshire but I just adore the 3 dimensional effects! I'll have to check out Altered Page, congratulations!
♥Sharon

Jose Ramon Santana Vazquez said...

...traigo
sangre
de
la
tarde
herida
en
la
mano
y
una
vela
de
mi
corazón
para
invitarte
y
darte
este
alma
que
viene
para
compartir
contigo
tu
bello
blog
con
un
ramillete
de
oro
y
claveles
dentro...


desde mis
HORAS ROTAS
Y AULA DE PAZ


TE SIGO TU BLOG




CON saludos de la luna al
reflejarse en el mar de la
poesía...


AFECTUOSAMENTE


ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE LOVE STORY, CABALLO, LA CONQUISTA DE AMERICA CRISOL.

José
ramón...

Johanna Spinks said...

Those eyes!!! Marvelous...

Unknown said...

i love him! and yes, there is of course room for more alice wonderment!

CathWren said...

Wonderfully mad! So nice to meet a co-conspirator in madness.

Clover said...

This is really a great read for me. Thank you for publishing articles having a great insight stimulates me to check more often for new write ups. Keep posting!

Clover
www.n8fan.net